If you need an oral surgeon, you must do your research first. Not all oral surgeons are created equal, and you want to be sure that you are choosing the best one for your needs. Information can be found here.
Here are five questions to ask any oral surgeon before making your decision:
- Are you a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons? This is a professional organization for oral surgeons, and you should always be sure that your surgeon is a member.
- What specialties do you have? Oral surgeons need specialized training after dental school, and you want to be sure that your surgeon has the training necessary for your specific needs.
- What is your experience with my particular condition? Oral surgeons may have different levels of experience with various procedures or conditions. It is important to ask about this before making your decision.
- How often do you perform the procedure I need? This question will help you gauge how experienced your surgeon is.
- What are the risks associated with the procedure I need? Any surgery carries some amount of risk, and it is important to know what those risks are before making a decision. See here for information about Oral Surgeon: 3 Facts You Should Know.
By asking these questions, you can be sure that you choose an oral surgeon who is right for you. Don’t hesitate to ask more questions if something isn’t clear.